Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

makefile error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed quartus 10.0 and I can use it and compile my code wit hthe GUI version on Windows 7. I am trying to make some scripts to generate sof file automatically. Altera has some documents about scripting. I have read them to get some idea about the process. The scripts are executed from cygwin, not linux

I have a makefile and when I try to run quartus_map from this makefile I get this error:  

$ make map 

quartus_map <my_project> 

Error: License file is not specified 

make: *** [map] Error 3 

and here is the content of Makefile: 

map: 

quartus_map $(PROJECT) $(MAP_ARGS) 

fit: 

quartus_fit $(FIT_ARGS) $(PROJECT) 

asm: 

quartus_asm $(ASM_ARGS) $(PROJECT) 

sta: 

quartus_sta $(ASM_ARGS) $(PROJECT) 

Anyone has seen this before!  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version (web, subscription?) of Quartus do you have and what does it say in "License Setup" (GUI)? 

I'm only guessing here, but you may have to set the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using version 10.0. I can run GUI and compile my code withought any problem in GUI. LM_LICENSE_FILE is set properly. That is why I can run GUI. This error is only in Makefile!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually the GUI can be configured to ignore the LM_LICENSE_FILE and use it's own settings, so the GUI can work even if LM_LICENSE_FILE isn't set properly. That's why I asked you to check the License Setup window in the GUI.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The LM_LICENSE_FILE is set properly. I can read it by echo comamnd! I also can run the quartus executable files from a shell script. I don't know what the hell is differenet between shell script, GUI and makefile!

0 Kudos