Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

megawizard plugin does not launch

spapp2
Beginner

Hello, i have quartus 16.1. i have a pll that is instantiated and the outputs are set in the project that was given to me. I am trying to open the pll setting to add another output, but cannot get megawizard plugin manager to launch. i do not have the option to launch it from the tool either since i do not see that in the dropdown. how do i get this to open? any pointers are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please select the "IP Components" in Project Navigator & then open Parameter Editor as shown below(It will take few moments to open),

pll_editor.jpg

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
spapp2
Beginner

​Hi Vicky,

thanks for pointing this out. I see the below message once I do that. I have Quartus 16.1, i'm guessing installing 18.1 will fix this?

Failed to launch Megawizard plugin manager. PLL intel FPGA IP v18.1 could not be found in the specified library paths.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

This may be a bug caused by re-branding of Intel IP.

Until this is fixed, you can fix this like below, 

> locate the .lst file of the missing IP in your IntelFGPA program directory(C:\intelFPGA_lite\18.1\ip\altera\altera_iopll), for example for the missing PLL, locate: "altera_iopll_wizard.lst"

> Change the text:

"<ALIAS>Altera PLL v16.1</ALIAS> "

(and higher version numbers) to: 

"<ALIAS>PLL Intel FPGA IP v16.1</ALIAS>" 

make a entry until "<ALIAS>PLL Intel FPGA IP v18.1</ALIAS>" in .lst file & save & then try to open parameter editor.

please let me know , how it works to you.

Thanks,

Vicky