Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

qpro.exe is missing in the new version of Quartus Pro 22.4

VGopa7
Beginner

Hi,

In the latest version of Quartus Pro 22.4, I observed that the qpro.exe is missing in the installed directory path E:\intelFPGA_pro\22.4\quartus\bin64.

The older version 22.3 has this qpro.exe in the installed path. I observed this change in new version of Quartus pro 22.4

What is the executable to launch Quartus pro in this latest version 22.4 ?

Thanks 

Venu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Is quartus.exe there?  I haven't installed 22.4 yet.  They are the same.  I've always wondered why both are there.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Below is the previous internal message:

qpro.exe is built in the qgq/qgq_exe.gmake file. It is simply a copy from quartus.exe. We should stop building this executable, and therefore stop shipping it. It is not needed, and is confusing and redundant with quartus.exe. This was a Premal-requested feature as I recall, when we made the Standard Edition/Pro Edition split years ago. As far I know, the qpro.exe was never really marketed. Even our documentation says to use quartus.exe: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/22-4/starting-the-software.html

Therefore, these two executables had been removed from the installation starting with version 22.4.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
Tool
Novice

I have Matlab and Simulink to work with my Quartus. However, Matlab looks for qpro.exe to link these up. I get this error below when I try to setup the HDL tool path.

Input tool path
does not point to a valid Intel Quartus Pro executable 'qpro.exe'.
Please specify the full path to the synthesis tool executable.
For example:
hdlsetuptoolpath('ToolName', 'Intel Quartus Pro', ...
'ToolPath', 'C:\intelFPGA_pro\18.0\quartus\bin64\qpro.exe');

How can I link my Quartus Pro 22.4 with Matlab? I think we need the qpro.exe or MathWorks needs to change their thing to look for quartus.exe.

0 Kudos