Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

qspi activ serial quad controller cyclone V

VKap01
Beginner

Hello.
how can i use two quad spi controllers for two identical flash memories (mt25ql02g), if one is connected for use in active serial mode, and the other for direct access (storing my data). When compiling, an error occurs on asmi_ip (if I use a QUAD controller), and if I use a generic serial flash - an error that adapter_32_8 is declared more than once. When configuring controllers in QSYS - (for the second flash memory of direct access I chose disable dedicated AS)?  
how can be used 2 gb flash micron (mt40ql02g) in activ seriaral mode?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Vkap,

Apologize that it cannot be. You can only use 1 QSPI flash and a QSPI flash IP. I would suggest you to choose bigger QSPI flash, then, include a serial flash IP in your design. You may refer to link below for more information about the serial flash IP

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an370.pdf

With the IP, you can interact with the flash memory during user mode. However, you may want to avoid the memory addresses which you bitstream is stored in.

Thank You.

0 Kudos