Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15385 Discussions

quartus联合modelsim仿真找不到altera_mf库

pp
New Contributor I

各位前辈好

我在使用quartus 16.0 标准版联合modelsim仿真时,用到了一个fir ip,但是在启动modlesim的时候,报了一个找不到altera_mf库的问题,不知道怎么解决,各位前辈帮忙解答一下

pp_0-1624585851730.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I was able to run your RTL simulation. Your problem is because your version of ModelSim (ModelSim 10.6d) is incompatible with your version of Quartus. Refer to Table 5 of this document for a list of compatible ModelSim versions: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/archives/rn-qts-std-dev-...

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

15 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, PP.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forum.

We have a specialized community section for this type of inquiry, and I will move this thread to that section so it can be answered as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

pp
New Contributor I

Dear brusc:

谢谢你帮我转发至对应的社区板块,这个问题困扰我很久了,一直得不到解决,希望前辈们可以帮助我

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Is this FIR II IP? To simulate this IP you need to follow steps 2.4 of this document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_fir_compiler_ii.pdf#p...

I believe you did not complete step 3, section 1.5.1 of this document expands on that: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qpp-tp-simulation.pdf...

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Nurina

pp
New Contributor I

hi Nurina:

我看了您给我发的文档,我可以告诉您上面的步骤,我应该都有做,下面是我的一些关键截图

首先我已经执行了编译quartus 仿真库文件了,即Launch Simulation Library Compiler.,并且放在了 modlesim 软件的根目录下

pp_0-1624863980502.png

然后,我在生成FIR IP核的时候,也选择了生成仿真文件了

pp_1-1624864047640.png

最后呢,生成的quartus 仿真库文件,我也将里面的关键信息,复制到了modelsim.ini  文档下

pp_2-1624864138706.png

quartus 里对仿真环境的设置如下

pp_3-1624864177326.png

pp_4-1624864194742.png

pp_5-1624864214428.png

pp_6-1624864227222.png

根据您给我的文档,我不知道我哪里出了问题,我觉得我所有步骤,都已经做了

pp_7-1624864278341.png

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you change the simulation environment in EDA Tools Options like so:

C:/intelFPGA/16.0/modelsim_ase/win32aloem

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Nurina

pp
New Contributor I

dear Nurina:

我不知道您的这个文件路径指向的是什么软件?  如果是指向的是modelsim 软件的根目录的话,我这边文件夹只有win64,没有win32的文件夹路径可选

pp_0-1624872537063.png

pp
New Contributor I

dear Nurina:

我用的modelsim 是第三方的工具,并不是intel quartus 的 modelsim - altera

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

OK. Since you didn't receive "executable cannot be found" error then I don't think this is a problem, the EDA tools setup should be fine. 

Can you attach your project? On Quartus, go to Project->Archive Project.. Then attach the .qar file here.

Thanks,

Nurina

pp
New Contributor I

dear Nurina:

按照您的步骤,我已经将工程的 .qar文件上传

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you using Quartus Standard 18.0 or Quartus Standard 16.0?

Nurina

pp
New Contributor I

Hi,

Yes,i'm using Quartus Standard 18.0

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I was able to run your RTL simulation. Your problem is because your version of ModelSim (ModelSim 10.6d) is incompatible with your version of Quartus. Refer to Table 5 of this document for a list of compatible ModelSim versions: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/archives/rn-qts-std-dev-...

Regards,

Nurina

pp
New Contributor I

Hi,

If this is the problem, then I decide to use Modelsim-Altera to solve this problem, because I do not have the 10.4D Modelsim SE software, thank you for your answer  

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

You're welcome! I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

pp
New Contributor I

Hi,

OK, I see. Thank you for your help and kind answer