Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16599 Discussions

quartus GUI下的窗口指令对应的tcl指令在哪里有对应的显示?

xiaoxu
Beginner

quartus20.4,GUI模式下通过菜单栏对话框的形式产生的指令应该是有对应的tcl指令的,请问在哪里有显示?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Translated:

Where is the tcl command corresponding to the window command under quartus GUI displayed?

In quartus20.4, the commands generated through the menu bar dialog box in GUI mode should have corresponding tcl commands. Where can they be displayed?

You may checkout the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting for a comprehensive reference of all the Intel Quartus Prime Tcl packages and commands.

You could also type quartus_sh --qhelp in the command prompt (make sure the dir at <quartus installation directory>/quartus/bin64) to starts the Intel Quartus Prime Command-Line and Tcl API Help browser, a viewer for information about the Intel Quartus Prime Command-Line executables and Tcl API. (see picture below)

ShyanYewT_Intel_0-1615529015160.png

0 Kudos
xiaoxu
Beginner

感谢您的回复!您说的信息很有价值,我需要在”Intel Quartus Prime Command-Line and Tcl API Help browser“或者” Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting“中寻找GUI模式下对应的指令。不过我想知道有没有一种方式可以不用去查找手册,而是在GUI模式下通过对话框完成的事情,相应的tcl指令自动显示在某个地方?这样我就可以复制下来,以备后用。比如说在GUI模式下,我点击”Analysis & Synthesi“,在某个地方自动显示出对应的tcl指令”execute_flow -analysis & Synthesis“,如果有的话,请问这个地方或者文件在哪里?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Translated:

thank you for your reply! The information you mentioned is very valuable. I need to find the corresponding commands in GUI mode in "Intel Quartus Prime Command-Line and Tcl API Help browser" or "Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Scripting" 

But I would like to know if there is a way to do things through a dialog box in GUI mode instead of looking for the manual, and the corresponding tcl command is automatically displayed somewhere? So I can copy it for later use.

For example, in GUI mode, I click "Analysis & Synthesi", and the corresponding tcl command "execute_flow -analysis & Synthesis" is automatically displayed somewhere. If so, where is this place or file?

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to find the corresponding tcl command for a specific GUI command in the Quartus software. We do not have the visibility as to what the tcl command runs behind the Quartus when the Quartus GUI command execute. 

It may takes some time to figure out the tcl command that correspond to the GUI command but I am sorry to say that as of now, your best choice will be to refer to the User Guide or the Tcl API Help browser as references.

p/s: If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe I have answered your inquiry in which the Quartus does not provide/show the corresponding tcl command for a specific GUI command.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shyan Yew (Richard)

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos