Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

quartus II subscription edition trial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

How I am able to get Quartus II subscription edition 30 trial version with programming file support??? Is it possible? I am don't wish to buy a paid version now.  

please replay 

Thank you
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Download the subscription edition. Install it. Under 'Tools' -> 'License Setup...' click on the 'Begin 30-day Grace Period' button. 

Regards, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you.... 

Before that I need to activate license or not??? activating license of product ( QUARTUS & device) or computer???? How can I do that? This is my first work. please replay. 

please replay 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't need to pre-activate it. Download it, install it, then activate your free trial. As long as you haven't used a free trial on your machine before it will work. 

Regards, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How to activate free trial.?? I installed ,but it not supporting programming file. Not able to select "'Begin 30-day Grace Period'. 

please reply 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When start the Quartus II software, asked  

1. run in evaluation mode for 30 days------ It not supporting programming file, so I try to select 2 

2. perform an automatic license retrieval from the Altera web site---------- when I try to select it getting message that I am not able to connect altera site. 

3.specify the correct location of a valid license file.---------- this option I can't try since I don't have license file. 

I downloaded subscription version from site. wheather the license is attached with downloaded data? so that I can try 3rd option again. 

please help how can I use trial version with programming file support? 

thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Like Alex has said: 

go to tools -> licence setup -> begin 30 day grace period. 

You do not need a licence to begin this. You can only do this once! 

Otherwise you need to purchase a full licence.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

But sir I am not able to select "begin 30 day grace period" in license setup. what will be the reason?. please help me. 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Havwe you used a trial previously?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No sir....

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

no sir... 

Thankyou
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sir, 

1. started quartus II software 

2.a menu comes includes 3 options---30 days trial without programming file, AUTOMATIC LICENSE RETRIEVAL,SELECT LICENSE LOCATION ---I SELECTED first option 

3.license setup...30 day grace period ,am not able to select 

what will be the reason ? I am using trial first time.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The only reason I know of is that you have activated the 30 day licences previously on this computer. You may need to file a my support request on the altera website 

https://www.altera.com/myaltera/mal-index.jsp
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the exact same problem here :/

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry all! 

I want to buy DSP builder license but I can not find the price in Altera Website. I need to help! Thank all!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to contact your local altera distributer.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, contact your local disty as I believe all license/IP purchase need to go through them: 

http://wl.altera.com/servlets/contactsales?o=id
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem here. I have installed the subscription edition 30 Day trial for the first time, but it says Expiration 25-may-2015, so already expired, I have only used the web edition before... Must I first register the NIC on the altera Website ? It's a bit frustrating. Would be great if someone could give me a hint. 

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. I got it!

0 Kudos