Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

quartus or signal tap.

Raphy
Beginner

Hi,

any change that i make in signal tap , without connection the project , the project download but nothing is working.

my way to overcome it until now, i create qar file , before create  signal tap .

Regards Raphy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you clarify a bit more what the issue is here?

0 Kudos
Raphy
Beginner

Hi . 

Details : 

Quartus  version 18.1 .

Fpga  board  de10 NANO . 

I program the device include the  signal tap as usual work. 

The project has to operates few things , include Motor. 

all peripheral devices are working as expected . 

now, after make any change in the signal tap , for example delete or add signal , after compile it, nothing are worked. 

I think there is any bug in the signal tap.

More of that , from my experience , any project automatic I add Qar file . 

I recovery the project by QAR file.   

Regards Raphy.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Try disabling Signal Tap in the project, recompile and see if it works.  You could have a corrupted .stp file.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

When you say nothing works, may I know what is not working? Program the device fail? data acquire fail? if any, what is the error that you are seeing?

Try to start fresh with a new .stp file using the different node/signal and see if the same issue persists.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos