Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

quartus prime pro 20.2.0 Build 50 06/11/2020 IP catalog Hangs opening E-Tile Har IP for Intel FPGA

Lorne_K_Intel
Employee

quartus prime pro 20.2.0 Build 50 06/11/2020 IP catalog Hangs opening E-Tile Har IP for Intel FPGA

On linux : Linux plxcaa7035 3.0.101-108.87-default #1 SMP Fri Feb 22 16:42:57 UTC 2019 (10e85a8) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Platform designer hangs and will not configure a new Ethernet IP 

Device : 1SD280PT2F55E1VG

The Platform Designer on Window works fine, but PCs are typically light on memory and compute to build a S10DX project.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are observing some problems with the IP Catalog in Q20.2Pro. This happens only in Linux but not Windows. To ensure we are on the same page, would you mind to further elaborate on the specific E Tile IP that you are referring and also the detailed steps to replicate you observation? Some screenshots would be helpful.

For your information, the latest Q20.3Pro has just been released. It would be great if you could try out with Q20.3Pro to see if similar issue still persist. This would be helpful to narrow down if there is any Quartus version dependent problem.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos