Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

quartus simulation not working

wilfleth
Beginner

Ive been trying to run a simulation on quartus, however I keep getting this error:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 144443.png

I'm not sure what I'm doing that causes this error. My top level compiled without any errors so I don't think the problems there, but I really don'nt know 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

There is a feature in quartus that can convert bdf to hdl. Can you simulate using hdl after converting the bdf? And see if Questa point to any of the lines?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

The error is clearly indicated what is wrong, could you please give snippet of the code?

Any critical warning during compilation?

0 Kudos
wilfleth
Beginner

There was no critical error during compilation. I used a block diagram so I'm not sure how I can look at the code to determine whats causing the error to occur

Screenshot 2023-04-28 232531.png

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

There is a feature in quartus that can convert bdf to hdl. Can you simulate using hdl after converting the bdf? And see if Questa point to any of the lines?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Let me know if there is any other concern regarding this.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos