Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

"ip-deploy" gives error in Intel Quartus Pro 20.3

VGopa7
Beginner

The command "ip-deploy" errors out in Intel Quartus Pro version 20.3. The same command works in other verion of Intel Quartus Pro 20.2 or 21.3

Below is the error log using Intel Quartus Pro 20.3:

L:\ActiveWork2022\qpro20p3>L:\qpro20p3\20.3\quartus\sopc_builder\bin\ip-deploy --output-directory=. --component-name=altera_fp_functions --component-param=gen_enable=true --component-param=report_resources_to_xml=1 --family=DEVICE_FAMILY="Arria 10" --component-param=fp_format=single --component-param=function_family=ALL --component-param=ALL_function=ADD --output-name=alterafpf_add_single --component-param=performance_goal=frequency --component-param=frequency_target=100
The system cannot find the path specified.

L:\ActiveWork2022\qpro20p3>L:\qpro20p3\quartus\sopc_builder\bin\ip-deploy --output-directory=. --component-name=altera_fp_functions --component-param=gen_enable=true --component-param=report_resources_to_xml=1 --family=DEVICE_FAMILY="Arria 10" --component-param=fp_format=single --component-param=function_family=ALL --component-param=ALL_function=ADD --output-name=alterafpf_add_single --component-param=performance_goal=frequency --component-param=frequency_target=100
Quartus is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the
US and other countries. Portions of the Quartus Prime software
code, and other portions of the code included in this download
or on this DVD, are licensed to Intel Corporation and are the
copyrighted property of third parties. For license details,
refer to the End User License Agreement at
http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/eula.

2022.03.22.15:41:25 Error: alterafpf_add_single: no such variable
(read trace on "env(DSPBA_ROOTDIR)")
invoked from within
"set dspba_dir ${env(DSPBA_ROOTDIR)}"
(procedure "get_dspba_rootdir" line 3)
invoked from within
"get_dspba_rootdir"
(procedure "call_cmdPolyEval" line 77)
invoked from within
"call_cmdPolyEval "none" "." "report" $freq "false""
(procedure "elaboration_callback" line 26)
invoked from within
"elaboration_callback"

Below is the log of ip-deploy used in Intel Quartus Pro 20.2, and it works without any issue

L:\ActiveWork2022\qpro20p3>M:\intel_FPGA_pro\20.2\quartus\sopc_builder\bin\ip-deploy --output-directory=. --component-name=altera_fp_functions --component-param=gen_enable=true --component-param=report_resources_to_xml=1 --family=DEVICE_FAMILY="Arria 10" --component-param=fp_format=single --component-param=function_family=ALL --component-param=ALL_function=ADD --output-name=alterafpf_add_single --component-param=performance_goal=frequency --component-param=frequency_target=100
Quartus is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the
US and other countries. Portions of the Quartus Prime software
code, and other portions of the code included in this download
or on this DVD, are licensed to Intel Corporation and are the
copyrighted property of third parties. For license details,
refer to the End User License Agreement at
http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/eula.

2022.03.22.15:37:55 Info: alterafpf_add_single.alterafpf_add_single: M:/intel_fpga_pro/20.2/quartus/dspba/backend/windows64/cmdPolyEval -target Arria10 -frequency 100 -name none -noChanValid -enable -enableHardFP 1 -printMachineReadable -noFileGenerate -correctRounding FPAdd 8 23
2022.03.22.15:37:55 Info: alterafpf_add_single.alterafpf_add_single: M:/intel_fpga_pro/20.2/quartus/dspba/backend/windows64/cmdPolyEval -target Arria10 -frequency 100 -name none -noChanValid -enable -enableHardFP 1 -printMachineReadable -noFileGenerate -correctRounding FPAdd 8 23
2022.03.22.15:37:55 Info: Deploying alterafpf_add_single to L:\ActiveWork2022\qpro20p3\alterafpf_add_single.ip

Please let me know if there is any workaround for this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi

I don't use much scripting for Platform designer. Do you mind to share the script file to duplicate this error?

Since you mentioned that Pro 21.3 works for you, I recommend to use the Quartus Pro 21.3 as a workaround.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi

Do you mind to have a call to screen share the error duplicated from your side?

0 Kudos
VGopa7
Beginner

This is a known issue from Intel, Below is the link which also has work around.

https://www.intel.co.jp/content/www/jp/ja/support/programmable/articles/000080365.html

I tried this and it worked for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I am glad you are able to find the solution to your issue. This will useful to the other users that might come across similar issue.

With that, I will proceed to transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos