Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

rbf to pof conversion

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there a way to convert a rbf file to a pof file? Do I need a cof file? If so, how to I generate it? 

All I have is the released version of my rbf. I do have a project which has an earlier version of the design, but no cof.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Do you also have the .sof file ? 

With the sof file you can generate the pof file from the 'Convert Programming File' tool: File->Convert Programming File or quartus_cpf in command line. 

You can generate the cof file from the UI of this tool. 

If you only have the rbf file... I don't know... 

Regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Do you also have the .sof file ? 

With the sof file you can generate the pof file from the 'Convert Programming File' tool: File->Convert Programming File or quartus_cpf in command line. 

You can generate the cof file from the UI of this tool. 

If you only have the rbf file... I don't know... 

Regards 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks, but no, I just have the rbf.  

Pete D.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By default, Quartus generates the .sof and you have to add another command to generate the .rbf .  

How come that you have the latter and not the former?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The project was not archived after the programming files were generated. The rbf was tested and approved, but I need a POF and an RBF to make a formal release.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The RBF file is used to program the Altera EPROM, which then programs the FPGA using Active Serial. The EPROM can also be accessed through USB Blaster and programmed witha POF File. The FPGA can be accessed via the JTAG inputs and programmed with a SOF file. 

Is it possible to use the programmer to read back either the EPROM and savr it as a POF or the FPGA and save it as a SOF?
0 Kudos