Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

simulating GPIO Lite IP in Intel Modelsim

WShep1
New Contributor II

I am trying to simulate a DDR serial receiver data stream design using GPIO Lite differential transmitters in the simulation stimulus module and GPIO Lite differential receivers in the simulation receiver module.  The modules compile OK but when I run the simulation, I get a pack of errors that indicate that I am missing part of the fiftyfivenm libraries.  A couple of the error messages are included below;

** Error: (vsim-3033) C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/syn/wds_clk_xmit/altera_gpio_lite.sv(690): Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_ddio_in' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Region: /testbench/uut/u1/wds_ddr_receive_inst/gpio_one_bit/i_loop[0]/altgpio_bit_i/genblk3/genblk2/genblk1/genblk1/in_path_enhanced_ddr File: C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/syn/wds_clk_xmit/altera_gpio_lite.sv
# Searched libraries:
# C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/rtl/SimulationFiles/libraries/work
# ** Error: (vsim-3033) C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/syn/wds_clk_xmit/altera_gpio_lite.sv(879): Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_io_ibuf' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Region: /testbench/uut/u1/wds_ddr_receive_inst/gpio_one_bit/i_loop[0]/altgpio_bit_i/genblk5/diff_input_buf/diff_input_buf_without_nsleep File: C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/syn/wds_clk_xmit/altera_gpio_lite.sv
# Searched libraries:
# C:/a_Nightowl/ZTest3_NIOS/rtl/SimulationFiles/libraries/work
#

I have mapped the fiftyfivenm library into my project.  I am obviously missing some step or other item in my project setup.  Can anyone help me???

Bill Sheppard

wdsheppard@earthlink.net

480-225-7731

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

Are you using the Quartus Standard edition? If so, try to simulate using the NativeLink Feature in Quartus software. All the library preparation and run commands are generated automatically.

Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/simulation/modelsim/exm-ncsim-native-link.html 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

Are you using the Quartus Standard edition? If so, try to simulate using the NativeLink Feature in Quartus software. All the library preparation and run commands are generated automatically.

Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/simulation/modelsim/exm-ncsim-native-link.html 

0 Kudos