Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

wants to download Quartus 16.1 software version which is discontinued

Thoshif
Beginner

Hi, 

I’m trying to download quartus 16.1 lite design tool from intel website and this version quartus tool has been discontinued, 

As per project requirement required quartus 16.1 lite design tool and could you please share setup file/link for this!! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What device are you targetting?  Why do you need that specific version?

0 Kudos
Thoshif
Beginner

Targeting device :cyclone iv 

Previously was using 16.1 and now this tool has been discontinued so using 17.0 version and following error is getting,

I compiled an DRX30 project on Quartus Prime Lite 17.0.
but it shows error like below
- Error (10003): Can't open encrypted VHDL or Verilog HDL file "/my/path" -- current license file does not contain a valid license for encrypted file.
Error (10003): Can't open encrypted VHDL or Verilog HDL file "/my/path" -- current license file does not contain a valid license for encrypted file.

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

Cyclone IV is supported in Quartus Lite 17.0.  The error occurs is because of Quartus Prime software cannot open the specified encrypted file. The current license file for the Quartus Prime software does not contain a valid license for the encrypted file.

You may contact Intel Applications to update the license file to include a license for the encrypted file, or, if the encrypted file is a Intel FPGA IP file, contact the AMPP partner who sold you the function to obtain a license for the encrypted file.

Thanks,

Ean

0 Kudos
Thoshif
Beginner

Hi,

I have already raised a service ticket,

Intel Customer Support - Case #:05390261 

.could you please provide any application engineer contact details so i can resolve this issue as soon as possible 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What encrypted IP do you have in your design?  As mentioned, the version of Quartus wouldn't matter, only that the IP you are using is licensed.

0 Kudos
Thoshif
Beginner

Hi,

Following files are encrypted, 

i2c_slave.v, i2c_master.v,i2c_mux.v

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Could you open a new forum in Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing forum to received support relate to IP license issue.

0 Kudos
Thoshif
Beginner

i didn't received any support 

0 Kudos
Thoshif
Beginner

please help me on this issue.... am working on this issue from last week

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

I have checked the ticket and Intel customer support does not provides support regarding to license issue.  It seems like you are having IP license issues, you may try to open a new thread in Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing or raise a ticket in Intel Premier Support https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/fpga-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/secure/my-intel/dashboard.html .

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any update on your problem?

Thanks,

Ean

0 Kudos