Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

warning after QSYS system generation"Warning: Number of processors has not been specified which may cause overloading on shared machines. Set the global assignment NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS in your QSF to an appropriate value for best performance."

ASuba
Novice

Hello

I am an newbie to Quartus design tool and its associated tools.

I am creating a system with nios11 processor in Qsys and after HDL Generation its shows a warning that "Warning: Number of processors has not been specified which may cause overloading on shared machines. Set the global assignment NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS in your QSF to an appropriate value for best performance."

How to rectify this warning(which parameter exactly) ?

5 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Add this tcl expression...

set_global_assignment -name NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS 4

... to the .qsf file.

0 Kudos
ASuba
Novice

I checked .qsf file and this expression is already there and generation of HDL in QSYS shows the same warning

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

If you're using the GUI, show the TCL window from the View menu. Then paste the above command into the TCL prompt and press Enter. Then run the compilation. Set the number of processors depending on the system that you have (2/4).

This is just a warning and can be ignored. It does not affect the compilation results only affects the compilation time.

0 Kudos
ASuba
Novice

Thanks. i will ignore it then

0 Kudos
Edward1024
Employee

Open your Quartus Tcl Console, and excute below command:  

set_global_assignment -name NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS ALL

And you will not see that warning again when compiling the project.