Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

AVB protocol stack support in HPS Linux

MK_086
Novice

Dear Experts,

We are looking for the AVB Protocol stack support in HPS Linux that will be ported on Agilex 7 device.

Does AVB includes IEEE 802.1AS, Qat, Qav, IEEE 1722 Layer2?

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Sorry that I am not too sure on what support you are looking at in HPS Linux.

Are you referring if the Agilex7 support the AVB protocol stack?

Could you please elaborate a little bit?

If you are working on AVB, you could take a look at Intel's Video imaging processing suite.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/intellectual-property/dsp/video-image-processing-suite.html

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MK_086
Novice

Hi,

We are looking for confirmation of up to what extent AVB protocol support is available in Intel Agilex 7 FPGA.

Along with using this feature do we need to enable this in the FPGA section or HPS section?

If it's an HPS section, we are planning to use Linux OS downloaded from the rocketboards.org website, how to configure this Linux? Are any steps available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Apologies for the late reply.

We do not have the AVB protocol stack packaged together with the Agilex 7.

There is no technical support for the AVB protocol stack by Intel.

However, it is possible to integrate the protocol stack to the Agilex 7.

Do you have an upcoming project that would use this AVB protocol stack?

I could raise a request to the engineering team to help you out in enabling the AVB protocol stack in the Agilex7.

Could you please send me your details and I will try to get the support needed.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MK_086
Novice

Hi @JingyangTeh ,

Yes, we do have a project that uses the Agilex 7 FPGA's Ethernet AVB capability that complies with this criterion. For a further conversation on this, it would be wonderful if we could communicate via a private channel. Please let us know how we can do that and what specific details you are looking at.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi MK

Do you have a local Intel distributor or FAE?

Could you try contacting them on raising this request?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MK_086
Novice

Hi @JingyangTeh ,

Expertise in this AVB is limited to them. So we are looking to hear from a larger channel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

I have raised an internal ticket to get help from engineering team.

Will provide an update once there is any new information on this.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Sorry that i do not have any more update for this week.

There is still no reply from engineering on the support.

Please bare with us for a moment. I will try to get engineering to expediate on this.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi MK_086

Sorry for the barrier of bad news.

The Agilex 7 supports the Ethernet AVB protocol, it was tested and able to support the protocol.

However Intel do not provide the Protocol Stack as part of the Agilex 7 package.

For this you would need to engage a third party or create the stack on your own.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MK_086
Novice
Hi,
Could you please share the test information of AVB in Agilex?
It would be great if you can help us to recreate using the EVM.
Thanks
0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Please bear with me as I ask around the testing team for the test condition and results.

I will update as soon as possible.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Unfortunately the test information are confidential and could not be shared publicly.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Do you have anymore regarding this case?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
MK_086
Novice
Hi,
Could you please share it privately.

This feature is a mojar interface for our project hence shortlisted this Intel FPGA. We don't have any information available on this from Intel and FAEs. We are seeking help from this channel. Let us know how to go about this.

Thanks
0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi MK_086

Sorry, I could not do that.

I suggest that you refer to your distributor and discuss this with them.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

Since this thread been resolve, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If you happened to close this thread you might receive a survey. If you think you would rank your support experience less than 10 out of 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or if the problem can’t be corrected, please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future service experience.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos