Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
444 Discussions

Critical bug in Linux version of Embedded Development Suite 19.1

EAnni
Beginner

I think that I found a bug in the embedded command shell of EDS. After a fresh install of EDS on Manjaro Linux I get the following error when executing embedded_command_shell.sh:

sh: symbol lookup error: /opt/altera/19.1/embedded/host_tools/altera/ds5_link/../../../host_tools/python/lib/libreadline.so.8: undefined symbol: PC

WARNING: DS-5 install not detected. SoC EDS may not function correctly without a DS-5 install.

------------------------------------------------

Intel FPGA Embedded Command Shell

Version 19.1 [Build 670]

------------------------------------------------

This indicates a dependency error in the library of EDS itself. Is this bug known? Is there way to fix this? 18.1 is working without any problems on my distro so it seems a software related bug.

Kind regards,

Edian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

This issue is due to the compatibility of the tool with the dependencies of linux versions.

I will file a bug issue and there should be some investigation before a solution can be released. Please keep in mind this procedure might take some time.

Thank you

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EAnni
Beginner

Update: The problem is fixed when replacing the "/embedded/host_tools/python" directory of 19.1 with the "/embedded/host_tools/python" directory of 18.1. Intel can you please look into this and fix this bug in the 19.1 EDS linux package? Kind regards.

Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

This issue is due to the compatibility of the tool with the dependencies of linux versions.

I will file a bug issue and there should be some investigation before a solution can be released. Please keep in mind this procedure might take some time.

Thank you

SurajKumar1
Novice
First of all check their linux version,then check compatibility tools and check GPU driver also check
0 Kudos
SurajKumar1
Novice
First of all check their linux version,then check compatibility tools and check GPU driver also check
0 Kudos
SurajKumar1
Novice
Saw the, Information to respective sir
0 Kudos