Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
446 Discussions

How to add Stratix-IV device family on Quartus-ii-web-edition

deepak14
Beginner

Hi,

we are working on Startix-iv Intel Fpga Board. For this we needed installed this Software intel-quartus-ii-web-edition-design-software-version-13-0sp1-for-linux . While opening Quartus software we are unable to see Stratix IV on Device Family. According with document this version support Stratix-IV.

deepak14_0-1668418420872.png

Please help me here to add Stratix-IV device family on Quartus-ii-web-edition.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

That's because Quartus II Web Edition does not support Stratix IV in the first place. Use Quartus II subscription edition to use Stratix IV device.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
deepak14
Beginner

Thanks for your input Richard Tan.

I checked Altera Quartus II software v9.0  on Intel website but This Version not available on Intel Site.

Could you please share link from where i can download Altera Quartus II software v9.0.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Version 9 is obsolete. Version 13 is the oldest version that you can download now. I showed the chart as it show the difference between the web and subscription edition.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to download and install Quartus II Subscription edition version 13?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you need further help in regards to this case?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
deepak14
Beginner

Thanks for input Richard Tan,
I am trying to install  Quartus II Subscription edition version 13? if I need any help i will let you know

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Sure, let me know if you face any difficulty. I am happy to help.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
deepak14
Beginner

Hi Richard Tan,

As discussed earlier, regarding Quartus 13 installation. I am facing an issue as shown below.

deepak14_0-1668767373800.png

OS Version - RHEL-7.9

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Deepak

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

It seems that your libpng12.so.0 installed is the incorrect architecture.

You may checkout this forum case.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47923522/libpng12-so-0-cannot-open-shared-object-file-wrong-elf-class-elfclass64

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Any further help needed?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
deepak14
Beginner

Now its working fine. Thank so much for your support

thanks,

deepak

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
deepak14
Beginner

Hi Richard Tan,

deepak14_0-1669279800226.png

I am getting this error when am trying Quartus 13 subscription version. In Intel website there is no 64 bit software version. there is linux64 folder in the installation which has Quartus executable but when we are trying to use it, we are getting library error. 

deepak14_1-1669280081292.png

i am not able to find library with in the installation folder.

Thanks,

Deepak

0 Kudos