Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

Intel HLS Examples not compiling for x86-64

SSumm3
Beginner

I have successfully installed the Intel HLS compiler with Quartus Prime 18.1 Standard Edition. However when i run the following command...

make test-x86-64

...I get the following output

i++ counter.cpp -march=x86-64 -o test-x86-64 In file included from counter.cpp:1: In file included from /home/usman/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls.h:11: In file included from /home/usman/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls_internal.h:10: In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/stdlib.h:36: In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/cstdlib:76: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/bits/std_abs.h:55:26: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_labs' abs(long __i) { return __builtin_labs(__i); } ^ /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/bits/std_abs.h:60:31: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_llabs' abs(long long __x) { return __builtin_llabs (__x); } ^ 2 errors generated. HLS x86-64 compile FAILED. Makefile:40: recipe for target 'test-x86-64' failed make: *** [test-x86-64] Error 1

The compilation works for test-gcc option. Please tell me how to resolve the issue.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Are you using the design example?

Try to change the value below and see if it works?

i++ -march=5CSEMA5F31C6 --component Target00 Target00.cpp --simulator none --clock 10ns -o Target00

0 Kudos
SSumm3
Beginner

Thank you for you response. Yes, I am indeed using the design example (specifically counter.cpp) that came preinstalled with the HLS Compiler.

I ran your command and received the same output (error) as before. I have attached the screenshot.

Command: i++ -march=5CSEMA5F31C6 --component counter counter.cpp --simulator none --clock 10ns -o counter.cpp

Output

In file included from counter.cpp:1:

In file included from /home/usman/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls.h:11:

In file included from /home/usman/intelFPGA/18.1/hls/include/HLS/hls_internal.h:10:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/stdlib.h:36:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/cstdlib:76:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/bits/std_abs.h:55:26: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_labs'

abs(long __i) { return __builtin_labs(__i); }

^

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7.4.0/../../../../include/c++/7.4.0/bits/std_abs.h:60:31: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_llabs'

abs(long long __x) { return __builtin_llabs (__x); }

^

2 errors generated.

HLS FPGA Parse FAILED.

intelForumsErrorScreenshot.png

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

In that case, it would be unsupported OS. try to use redhat as mention below.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Seems like HLS is not supported in Ubuntu. You may have to change it to redhat. You can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html

0 Kudos
SSumm3
Beginner

That's depressing. May I ask why is it not supported for Ubuntu?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We are sorry to inform that. Some of the OS need time for Intel engineering to get ready to support. There will be a lot of testing on the environment before it gets support.

0 Kudos