Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems

Power calculation

abhilash
Employee

Hi,

From this link (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/operation-and-testing/power/max-10-estimator-download.html)

I have downloaded power estimator xlxs sheet to calculate power for max 10 (10M40DA484C8G).

Since sheet is protected I am not able to make changes in it . Beacuse of this we are not able to estimate power correctly.  

Please provide the solution.

Kindly find the attached sheet.

Abhilash

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

May I know which cell you are trying to edit? Certain cells are meant for results generation purpose.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
abhilash
Employee

I am attaching the file in which I am using.

In IO sheet you can see below there is a table in which we can enter voltage in IO standard column, I am not able to select 1.0 v. Since we are using IO pins at 1V so it is required to calculate power at that voltage.

Could you please provide us the solution?

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

If we referring to Table 20 and Table 21 in the doc https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/m10_datasheet.pdf

Certain I/O standard only available for certain devices of Max10. I can see 1.0V is available if let's say I am choosing Device 10M08SC, package U324.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
abhilash
Employee

Hi Wei,

Below table 20 it is mentioned that device 10M40DAF484C8G  supports 1V. 

Could you please tell me if there is any way to choose 1V because I am not able to choose it for this device.

Thanks

Abhilash

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

Let me check with the tools team before getting back to you.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

We are still working with Engineering team to take a look on this. Will keep you posted once there is any update. 

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

I yet to receive confirmation on this issue and I have made escalation on it. At the meantime, if you have your design ready, you can utilize the PowerPlay Power Analyzer in Quartus for power analysis.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

The feedback from engineering team is that there's no plan to update the Early Power Estimator (EPE) after 18.1std release.

There are 4 Max10 devices that supporting 1V IO std in 18.1std EPE (you can refer to the "Release Notes" tab, and you may pick one of them as reference. However, we always advise users to use PowerPlay Power Analyzer (I have checked that it supported 1.0V for the device you mentioned) as it provide more accurate result. 

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
abhilash
Employee

Hi Wei,

Could you please tell me the steps to estimate power consumption through power analysis tools .

Thanks,

Abhilash

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

You can refer to section "Power Analyzer Walkthrough" in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/xhv1529966780595.html

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Abhilash

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos