Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
446 Discussions

Preloader `make` failed while including include/autoconf.mk.dep

ainsley26
Beginner

After following the fix here to rectify issues with extracting the tar file containing u-boot; the `make` command to build the pre-loader fails.

In particular:

... make[1]: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/Users/sydunajw/Downloads/DE10_Standard_GHRD/software/spl_bsp/uboot-socfpga' Generating include/autoconf.mk Generating include/autoconf.mk.dep include/autoconf.mk.dep:2: *** missing separator. Stop. ...

Investigating the file showed that the generated file autoconf.mk.dep (attached as autoconf.mk.txt) contained trailing forward slashes. If the intention is to continue the line then I believe this should be a backward slash. If these trailing slashes are changed to backward slashes, then the compilation continues until the next file which appear to have the same issue and make error.

Attached is also the output from `make`.

System information:

• Quartus Prime 18.1 Update 1 installed
  • Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit, Version 1809
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I will check your technical tool issue and let you know the feedback once I do few tests.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

My apologize for the late reply. I did few tests on SoC EDS, and probably the makefile is not working due to windows update. I will report this to our internal team for a solution.

As a workaround, you can use /usr/bin/make instead of make.

This should be done at the first time on creating preloader. With Uboot, you can use make uboot.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ainsley26
Beginner

Hi,

We actually also had issues with using the /usr/bin/make command as this also failed to compile the preloader. Whilst it appears that it cannot be run on Cygwin, it appears possible with WSL.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I have tested /usr/bin/make and it worked fine here.

May I know if you changed something in bsp-editor before using make?

Thank you

0 Kudos