Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
457 Discussions

Primary and secondary boot in Cyclone 10 GX Development Kit

Anu_Jayan
Beginner

Hi

1) I would like to know how to load the boot-loader in Cyclone 10GX development kit.

2) Can I know how to flash secondary boot-loader through QSPI flash? It would great if you share any procedure or links for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anu Jayan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi user_aj,

The standard building bootloader of Cyclone V is from the below document:

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/BuildingBootloaderCycloneVAndArria10

Since you mentioned about the U-boot, you can just refer to the U-boot section.

Before that, do determine how your system going to boot up first. If for QSPI flash can check the particular section from the document regarding the method to build/flash and boot up with QSPI flash.

Do let me know if you require more info.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Anu_Jayan
Beginner

Hi Aik Eu

Actually I want a procedure for Bare-Metal in Cyclone 10 GX development kit. Below are the things I have already done.

1) I am using Quartus version 20.4 along with Eclipse IDE for Nios 2.

2) I created a simple Hello World program with the template available in Quartus for without using RTOS in Eclipse IDE.

-->Now for example if I want to store the above code in any of the non-volatile memory of the Cyclone 10 GX development kit, which memory should I use?

-->I would like to know how to configure the boot loader as Primary & secondary for the development board using the IDEs.

Regards

Anu Jayan

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Anu_Jayan,

Referring to Cyclone 10 GX FPGA user guide, there is a QSPI Flash device provided for non-volatile data storage. The device is 256 Mb with 4-bit data width.

I do not familiar with Eclipse IDE to configure the boot loader as Primary & secondary. I will check with the team if they got any information which may help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Anu_Jayan,

I cannot find any method of using Eclipse to set primary & secondary bootloader.

Do let me know if you have further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Anu_Jayan,

I am closing this thread for now. We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos