Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

Programmer error in auto-detecting the FPGA

VRama10
Beginner

Hi,

In Cyclone 10 GX board, when I try autodetecting the devices in programmer, in recent times, Quartus 18.1 pro programmer is not detecting the 10CX220Y.

I tried renaming the unknown device ID and changing the instruction register length to 10.

After that I was able to program the device, but still couldn’t run the nios application code. For some reasons, the Eclipse is not detecting the target connection path.

I tried uninstalling all the pro version, and when I reinstall, the autodetect feature works for a couple a times, and then It keeps repeating the same error. The blaster driver seems to be good too.I would really appreciate any suggestions on this. unknown_device.pngunknown_device1.pngunknown_device2.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hello, Are you using a Dev-Kit or your custom board? this is very important for me to understand how I can help you. Regards.
0 Kudos
VRama10
Beginner

I'm using Cyclone 10 GX development board built by intel

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Did you try to refresh the connection on Eclipse? Uncheck the systemID check box to see if the Eclipse will detect the NIOS II.

Regards,

0 Kudos
VRama10
Beginner

Hi,

I did, it still didn't show up.

But reinstalling the programmer solved it.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Great.

0 Kudos