Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems

SoC HPS System Development

DKristo
Beginner

Hi,

I am developing a system based on Cyclone V SoC that runs Linux OS. I need the following:

- minimum SDRAM required to run OS sufficiently

- 32GB or 64GB on board storage memory (I am thinking of using NAND SCL Micron NAND tssop 48)

- SD Card interface to load OS from

- USB-C interface 

I am new to this and I never used Quartus Platform Designer before. A friend of mine told me that you guys also make Altium reference designs as well. He has been a fortunate one to have an FAE at his disposal but unlucky for me down under, I can't get any support at reach of a phone call. If you know anyone here in Australia, I'd be happy to give him a call and have a chat with.

Regards

DKristo 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

You can refer to below for building bootloader for Linux booting.

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/BuildingBootloaderCycloneVAndArria10

0 Kudos
DKristo
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I need to know how to create and export a simple reference design using Intel Quartus and Qsys environment. I am using DE1-SoC development board as a reference and want to add 32GB or 64GB of storage memory (not included in the DE1-SoC design).  I would also like to replace the existing SDRAM and DDR3 chips with the latest one (the ones on board are obsolete) and use maybe one instead of two.

Here's one example: https://www.mathworks.com/help/hdlcoder/ug/define-and-register-custom-board-and-reference-design-for-intel-soc-workflow.html

Regards

DKristo

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel
0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos