Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

About SGX SDK download. Why there is no .exe file?

PenzieKim
Beginner

Hello all!

I am a fresher about Intel SGX SDK and I wanna download the .zip file. I unzip the .zip file but I cannot find any .exe.  What should I do to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KFPW_Intel

Hi PenzieKim,

Thank you for your interest in Intel® SGX.

According to Intel® Software Guard Extensions SDK for Windows* OS Executable Installer Deprecation Announcement, the Windows installer previously available as an executable (.exe) installer will no longer be delivered/supported. Please visit Reference for more information.

Here is the NuGet_Scriptable_Instructions available in the same reference.

A nuget package can be thought of as an expandable archive. Users that want to install the Intel.SGX.SDK on the system for the use of all its users can extract the contents of the nuget archive and then set environment variables to point to the extracted file location.

For example,

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> mv .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.nupkg .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.zip

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> Expand-Archive .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.zip

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('SGXSDKInstallPath', 'C:\LocalNugetPackages\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1\build\native\', 'User')

If installing as a system administrator for the whole system, the environment variable should be set machine-wide:

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('SGXSDKInstallPath', 'C:\LocalNugetPackages\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1\build\native\', 'Machine')

Finally, if you need to support simulation or debugging, add

'%SGXSDKInstallPath%\bin\x64\Release\; %SGXSDKInstallPath%\bin\win32\Release\'

to the PATH environment variable.

Hope that the information that I provided is useful for you. Thank you for your question.

Regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KFPW_Intel

Hi PenzieKim,

Thank you for your interest in Intel® SGX.

According to Intel® Software Guard Extensions SDK for Windows* OS Executable Installer Deprecation Announcement, the Windows installer previously available as an executable (.exe) installer will no longer be delivered/supported. Please visit Reference for more information.

Here is the NuGet_Scriptable_Instructions available in the same reference.

A nuget package can be thought of as an expandable archive. Users that want to install the Intel.SGX.SDK on the system for the use of all its users can extract the contents of the nuget archive and then set environment variables to point to the extracted file location.

For example,

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> mv .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.nupkg .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.zip

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> Expand-Archive .\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1.zip

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('SGXSDKInstallPath', 'C:\LocalNugetPackages\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1\build\native\', 'User')

If installing as a system administrator for the whole system, the environment variable should be set machine-wide:

PS C:\LocalNugetPackages> [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('SGXSDKInstallPath', 'C:\LocalNugetPackages\Intel.SGX.SDK.2.16.101.1\build\native\', 'Machine')

Finally, if you need to support simulation or debugging, add

'%SGXSDKInstallPath%\bin\x64\Release\; %SGXSDKInstallPath%\bin\win32\Release\'

to the PATH environment variable.

Hope that the information that I provided is useful for you. Thank you for your question.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi PenzieKim,

I hope the information I provided was helpful to you. Do you need further help with this issue?

Please inform us if you have any question regards to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi PenzieKim,

We hope you were able to resolve your issue.

We have not heard from you in several days so we will no longer monitor this thread.

Please start a new thread if you need further help. Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos