Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Asus Z370-A Prime / i7-8700K

vaughan__chris
Beginner

My bios and all drivers are up to date, but i'm getting the attached error.  Any ideas why?  SGX is setup in the bios as Software Controlled.  Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Francisco_C_Intel

Once you enable SGX in the BIOS, the SGX PSW will get automatically installed from Windows Update.

The .exe installer does not support the most recent Windows OSes.

Are you able to set your BIOS to enable SGX?

0 Kudos
vaughan__chris
Beginner

The BIOS only has two options, Disabled and Software Controlled.  Software Controlled means it's Enabled.

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_Intel

>Software Controlled means it's Enabled

Software Controlled means that software (after the OS has booted) has the ability to enable SGX.

What program that uses SGX are you trying to use? That program will typically enable SGX during its installation.

Thanks,

Francisco

0 Kudos
vaughan__chris
Beginner

CyberLink PowerDVD 17.  I'm going to install it again, because i installed it before i installed the Intel SGX SDK software and Intel Management Engine.  Is there a specific order in which in should install these three?

The Intel SGX SDK software installed without any issues.

Version: 2.X 2.0.101.44299
Build date: 10 May 2018

The Intel SGX PSW software will not install.  It is giving me an OS and platform not compatible error.  I'm running Win10 Home 1803.

Version: 2.X 2.0.101.44269
Build date: 10 May 2018

0 Kudos
Christophe_M_Intel1

SGX SDK is not needed to install and use Cyberlink PowerDVD 17.  This should be uninstalled.

In theory, there should be no need to install the PSW manually either.

Cyberlink PowerDVD will try to enable SGX in BIOS and install the SGX PSW for you.  Though if their installer fails to install the PSW (being an older version, it may not know about recent Windows 10 releases) you may need to reboot, then run Windows Update to see if the base driver and PSW are installed for you.

If you want to install the PSW manually, you will need to use the PSW_INF installation for RS4.  

0 Kudos
vaughan__chris
Beginner

Per the last comment, I have uninstalled SGX SDK.  I did manually install the PSW_INF, but that didn't fix the issue either.  There are no Window's updates.  Below is what i'm still getting with the Cyberlink UHD Blu-ray advisor.  I currently have Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 uninstalled.

0 Kudos
Christophe_M_Intel1

Honestly, this is not an SGX development issue, so this is not what this forum is for, but I'll give you a couple more suggestions.

You will have to reboot after the INF install to have SGX detected as usable.

If successful, Device Manager should have a category called Software Components, and in that will be Intel(R) Software Guard Extensions Software.  If that is there, SGX is installed and usable.  If the Advisor still cannot detect SGX, it is probably the Intel Management software that is missing.  

There are Power DVD forums where you can ask these types of questions.  There is one similar to this one where there are solutions posted.  You can find the Chipset download on the Asus website.  Install the full version (>50MB) not the driver only (<10MB).

Forums: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/35/162.page

Similar question: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76623.page

Asus downloads for this computer: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/HelpDesk_Download/

0 Kudos