Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1286 Discussions

Cannot find Intel SGX in Bios to Enable and cannot do it also with Windows Programs/linux

donaldi95
Novice

Hello i hope you are fine.

I am trying to enable Intel SGX on a new PC i got, but it is impossible.

I am providing with the steps i did and current situation:

Apparently the CPU ( core(tm) i5-6400t cpu  @2.20ghz 2.21ghz , supports Intel SGX with ME.

My pc is a Lenovo Thinkcentre m90, type:10FG, Serial Number: S4bq5439

I did install all the required drivers for ME and DAL. They are active and running!

I did run the Intel R software Guard extensions Activation App on Windows 10, It didn't work.

I did run on Linux the sgx_software_enable from git source, it didn't work too...

I am Attaching some pictures of BIOS and Settings.

Best Regards,

Donald

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Apparently, your system BIOS does not support SGX so there is no way to enable it. Processor support is not enough to have a fully SGX enabled system; the BIOS must support it. Please read this article for more details.

Properly Detecting Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in Your Applications

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Apparently, your system BIOS does not support SGX so there is no way to enable it. Processor support is not enough to have a fully SGX enabled system; the BIOS must support it. Please read this article for more details.

Properly Detecting Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) in Your Applications

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

donaldi95
Novice

Hello Jesus,

Thank you very much for your support.

Is it possible to be provided a list of Budget laptops or PC that support intel SGX both in bios and in ? I have been following this guide in GIT.  But apparently the pc i got based in the CPU here did not worked.

I need to get one ASAP by max Monday-Tuesday next week .

JesusG_Intel

Hello Donald,

Unfortunately, we do not have such a list. That GitHub list, maintained by a non-Intel person, is the closest thing to the list you are looking for. I recommend contacting your favorite OEM before purchasing a laptop to ensure it supports SGX in the BIOS.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.