Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Do E-2356G and E-2386G have EPID support?

ArminD
Beginner

Hello again,

in this thread the following was written:

The Xeon E-series 2200 and 2300 processors support FLC/DCAP and EPID.

We are currently interested in E-2356G and E-2386G processors. We have an SGX application which uses EPID attestation and which already runs nicely on e.g. an i5-6300U or E3-1225 v5. I want to be sure, could you please confirm whether this application in general can run without modifications on the E-2356G or E-2386G, especially under the aspect that the existing EPID attestation code should work as-is on the newer processors?

In addition, do I understand it correctly that I need to also talk to the motherboard vendor whether the E-2356G or E-2386G SGX EPID functionality works with their motherboard?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sahira_Intel

Hi Armin,

I apologize for my late reply.

Yes, he E-2300 series processers should support EPID. The motherboard BIOS must also support SGX, so you could contact the vendor to confirm that SGX is supported on certain motherboards.

I hope this information is helpful

Sincerely,

Sahira 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sahira_Intel

Hi Armin,

I apologize for my late reply.

Yes, he E-2300 series processers should support EPID. The motherboard BIOS must also support SGX, so you could contact the vendor to confirm that SGX is supported on certain motherboards.

I hope this information is helpful

Sincerely,

Sahira 

0 Kudos