Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Enclave runtime exception on ERESUME

PYuhala
Beginner

Hello, 

I have a runtime error below when running some SGX code in HW mode:

[sig_handler sig_handler.cpp:93] signal handler is triggered
[sig_handler sig_handler.cpp:111] exception on ERESUME
[sig_handler sig_handler.cpp:149] NOT enclave signal
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

The error does not appear when I use the sgx debugger (sgx-gdb), which makes the issue very difficult to fix. I use the SDK and driver version 2.14. However I have a similar error with other versions like 2.11.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens and how I could fix it ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusG_Intel

Hello PYuhala,

Try uninstalling the SDK and PSW then install the latest SDK and Platform Software (PSW) according to the instructions in latest Intel SGX SW Installation Guide for Linux for your Linux distribution. The latest SGX files can be found at https://download.01.org/intel-sgx/latest/linux-latest/distro/.

• If your system has Flexible Launch Control (FLC) and are using kernel 5.11 or higher, then do not install the out-of-tree driver. Kernel 5.11 has an in-kernel SGX DCAP driver that is used by the PSW when the system has FLC.
  • If your system does not support FLC, then install the out-of-tree driver, regardless of which kernel you have.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello PYuhala,

Try uninstalling the SDK and PSW then install the latest SDK and Platform Software (PSW) according to the instructions in latest Intel SGX SW Installation Guide for Linux for your Linux distribution. The latest SGX files can be found at https://download.01.org/intel-sgx/latest/linux-latest/distro/.

• If your system has Flexible Launch Control (FLC) and are using kernel 5.11 or higher, then do not install the out-of-tree driver. Kernel 5.11 has an in-kernel SGX DCAP driver that is used by the PSW when the system has FLC.
  • If your system does not support FLC, then install the out-of-tree driver, regardless of which kernel you have.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello PYuhala,

Were you able to resolve your runtime exception by performing a clean installation of the SGX SDK and PSW?

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello PYuhala,

We have not heard from you in several days so we will no longer monitor this thread. We hope you were able to resolve your issue. Please start a new thread if you need further help.

Sincerely,

Jesus G.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos