Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Getting 404s from download.01.org

EddyAshton
Beginner

We rely on the Intel Open Source Technology Center (01.org) to download SGX toolchains, drivers, and pref files. I'm currently seeing 404s at every URL that previously worked. I can access the top-level index, but everything linked from there returns a 404 like the following:

EddyAshton_0-1664358639129.png

Is this a known issue?
When will it be resolved?
Is there a better place to report issues with 01.org (I'm here because my issue started with an SGX requirement, but presumably the owning team/root problem is completely unrelated to SGX)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KFPW_Intel

Hi EddyAshton,

Great to hear the links are working now.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The system was down due to some unrecognized implication of a recent infrastructure move. There should not be issues like this in the future.

Regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KFPW_Intel

Hi EddyAshton,

Thank you for your interest in SGX.

We are aware about this and our team is looking into it.

Could you please share the link you are trying to access?

Please do provide us some time to investigate and will get back to you once the page is up and ready.

In the meantime, visit 01.org for sgx-linux version 2.17.1 or specific distro that you are looking for.

Hope this is helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
EddyAshton
Beginner

@KFPW_Intel  The first URL we noticed this on was https://download.01.org/intel-sgx/sgx_repo/ubuntu/apt_preference_files/, but it affected everything.

I can confirm that these links are now accessible again, and that was resolved some time between 16:00 GMT on Sep 28th (last failing build) and 07:09 on Sep 29th (first passing build).

Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I'd missed this response as the notification email went straight to my spam folder.

Do you have any more context on what happened, and whether we should expect this kind of outage in future?

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi EddyAshton,

Great to hear the links are working now.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The system was down due to some unrecognized implication of a recent infrastructure move. There should not be issues like this in the future.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos