Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Intel On Demand model and Intel SGX license

Anandakumar
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I recently came across the Intel On Demand .  I have a few queries regarding the same.

We have already signed a commercial license agreement with Intel for the Intel SGX production use. 

Now, with Intel On Demand as far as I understand, we have to get another license to get security updates from Vendors with additional one-time charges.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Please share the procedures and the process involved in Intel On Demand model related to Intel SGX.

Thanks, 

Anand 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KFPW_Intel

Hi Anand,

I am checking with the Intel On Demand team on this and will get back to you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Anand,

Intel On Demand does not provide security updates, they provide security upgrades. Intel On Demand allows certain Intel On Demand capable CPUs to upgrade SGX enclave size (below 512 GB) to the maximum 512 GB enclave size. Intel On Demand also allows upgrades of other features as well, but the license does not give security updates. 

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Anandakumar
New Contributor II

Hi Sahira,

Thanks for your response.

So, let's say I have a setup with a 128GB EPC capable processor and Intel SGX commercial license signed. Unless otherwise, I want to upgrade my EPC Memory size, I don't need the Intel On Demand License. Am I correct?

Also, Please share Intel OnDemand-related documents for reference If possible.

Thanks, 

Anand

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your patience.

As Sahira_Intel mentioned, Intel On Demand allows features and SGX enclave size upgrades that could meet your use cases.

Pertaining to your follow-up question, I could not comment further on the licensing as this is related to Intel On Demand.

I am contacting the correct person in the Intel On Demand team for further assistance.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Anandakumar
New Contributor II

Ken,

Thanks for your efforts. I am looking forward to your updates.

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your interest in Intel SGX and Intel On Demand.

The requested documents require NDA to be signed with Intel prior to making it available for your access.

You may contact your respective Intel Sales Rep to assist with this further.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos