Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Intel SGX-Error when running sample code: SealedData

yunfeng7854
New Contributor I

I am studying Intel sgx programming, beginning with the sample codes in the src folder. However I come across the following error when I try to run the code of SealedData. It seems that something goes wrong with the initialization procedure, especially the function sgx_get_ps_cap.

The other 5 samples run as expected on my machine. Can someone help me on this? Thanks a lot.

Replay Protected DRM operation:

cannot get platform service capability, error code = 0x1

Initialization the DRM failed.

Replay Protected DRM update limitation:

Replay Protected DRM replay attack protection:

Time based policy operation:

Initialization the time based policy failed.

Time based policy expiration:

Initialization the time based policy failed.

Enter a character before exit ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yunfeng7854
New Contributor I

Hello. There seems something wrong with the platform service configuration. And this problem is solved after I reinstalled the Intel management engine component and sgx platform service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yunfeng7854
New Contributor I

Also I am using a machine with sgx support. So I am running the samples on sgx library, not on sgx simulation library. If I use the sgx simulation library, the SealedData sample runs well.

0 Kudos
yunfeng7854
New Contributor I

Hello. There seems something wrong with the platform service configuration. And this problem is solved after I reinstalled the Intel management engine component and sgx platform service.

0 Kudos
Derek_B_Intel
Employee

The SealedData sample does leverage the trusted platform services of trusted time and monotonic counters.  The platform services leverage Intel's manageability engine (ME) for the source of trusted time and monotonic counters.  The full ME stack needs to be installed on the system for the services to be available to SGX platform software.  Good to hear that installation of the ME stack resolved the failure on your system. 

0 Kudos
tianyu_l_
Beginner

hello funfeng7854,

I meet this problem, too. Could you tell me how to get the Intel management engine component? I do not  found it on Intel website.

tianyu

0 Kudos
Kirin_Young
Beginner

hello

I meet the same problem in Ubuntu16.4 which enabled mei mod by default. And the page of the link (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25881/Intel-Management-Engine-Intel-ME-Software-for-Systems-Based-on-3rd-Generation-Intel-Processors-or-Above?product=80895 )is not found. Could you please provide a new download link?

Kirin Young

0 Kudos