Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

Intel SGX

ee_b_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to create a basic sgx via visual studio 2015 on my windows 10 computer.
However, every time I call sgx_create_enclave the metadata is invalid and it returns with the status SGX_ERROR_INVALID_METADATA (0X2009). 
From what I understand this means the Enclave.signed.dll is corrupt, but I don't understand how I can fix it.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Prabu_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I checked the uploaded Intel SGX sample application(simulation mode) source.

1) In simulation mode, the application and enclave configurations should point "Local Windows Debugger" .
2) Moreover I found that below said path in enclave project setting is pointing to "$ProjectDir" instead of "$OutDir"
"Configuration Properties --> Debugging --> Working Directory"

Please make sure that the latest Intel SGX SDK(1.7) is used with Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10.

Thanks,
R.Prabu

0 Kudos
ee_b_
Beginner

Thanks, I did those corrections, however it is giving me the same problem

0 Kudos
Marcos_Vinicius_Mont

The document Software Guard Extensions programming Reference  is written "extensions allow an application to instantiate a protected container, referred to as an enclave. An enclave is a protected area in the application’s address space (see Figure 1-1), which provides confidentiality and integrity even in the presence of privileged malware "
However, figure 1 does not reflect what is written in the text above. What really happens with the enclave? It sits within the memory space of the application, or it sits in a separate memory space of the application in main memory?sgxx_0.jpg

0 Kudos