Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1448 Discussions

Remote Attestation End-to-End Example and IAS API version 2

Benny_F_
Beginner

Hello,

I recently looked at the Remote Attestation End-to-End Example and I want to test it.

However, I then saw the announcement that IAS API version 1 has reached its End of Life. The announcement also links to the example, but it was not updated since July 2016. Will the example still work with IAS API version 2 or is an update necessary?

Best regards
Benny

0 Kudos
4 Replies
you_w_
New Contributor III

Hello Benny F:

IAS API version 2 is a little different with version 1. So, you need to modify the code to work with version 2. But the change is really small, it's easy to do this.

Kind Regards

you

0 Kudos
Hoang_N_Intel
Employee

The change is described here https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/12/2c/IAS_v1_EOL_comm.pdf. (1) you just need to use the latest provided cert (2) new structure will require compilation and new field that you can examine (3) just the simple cache option which I don't think being used in the example.

0 Kudos
Benny_F_
Beginner

Ok, thank you both. I hope that I'll find the time to try it.

However, I would suggest that Intel mentions at the example that it is not up to date anymore or even better: provides an updated version if the changes are easy to do.

Kind regards
Benny

0 Kudos
JohnMechalas
Employee

A new sample will be published by the end of this week.

0 Kudos