Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SGX-Driver builds with errors in WSL

aaaaaalife
Beginner

aaaaaalife_0-1678026430289.png

I am running ubuntu 20.04 on WSL and trying to run a project on SGX, but when I install SGX-Driver-1.4.1 I get the error "failed to build driver"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KFPW_Intel

Hi,

We found out that SGX is not enabled in WSL at all. Therefore, it is not possible to compile/ load it in WSL.

Like a hypervisor or VMM, SGX would have to be passed through as a feature to WSL.

Confirm that SGX is not enabled by running:

sudo cpuid | grep -i sgx

You should see everything come back as false, including SGX: Software Guard Extensions supported = false.

Let us know if you have any questions regards to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KFPW_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Intel® SGX.

Please check if the platform supports SGX/FLC. We have an article that may be useful for your use cases.

Based on the article, we suggest these steps to test on your platform.

On a Linux* system, execute cpuid in a terminal:

Open a terminal and run: $ cpuid | grep -i sgx

Look for output: SGX_LC: SGX launch config supported = true

Hope that the information provided is useful. Let us know if you have any questions regards to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi,

We found out that SGX is not enabled in WSL at all. Therefore, it is not possible to compile/ load it in WSL.

Like a hypervisor or VMM, SGX would have to be passed through as a feature to WSL.

Confirm that SGX is not enabled by running:

sudo cpuid | grep -i sgx

You should see everything come back as false, including SGX: Software Guard Extensions supported = false.

Let us know if you have any questions regards to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi,

I hope the information I provided was helpful to you. Do you need further help with this issue?

Please inform us if you have any questions regards to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
KFPW_Intel

Hi,

I hope the information I provided was helpful to you. Since we haven't heard from you, Intel will stop monitoring this thread. If you need further assistance, please open a new thread.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos