Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

SampleEnclave can't build

vivian0920
Beginner

I follow the steps of this site(https://www.intel.cn/content/www/cn/zh/developer/articles/guide/getting-started-with-sgx-sdk-for-windows.html?wapkw=Intel%C2%AE%20Software%20Guard%20Extensions%20SDK%20for%20Windows*) but when I build the solution the error will occur.

vivian0920_0-1685548473268.png

2>The system cannot find the path specified.
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(209,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" return code 3。
 "App.vcxproj" build fail。

I don't know what path it is, and i can't either build another project which i create Enclave project by myself.

Hope to get feedback quickly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

could you clarify whether you had installed Microsoft Visual Studio before installing the Intel SGX SDK?

This step is a must and if the Intel SGX SDK is installed before installing Visual Studio, the Intel SGX SDK Visual Studio software Wizard and Intel(R) SGX Debugger will not be embedded properly into Visual Studio.

If this occurs, you will experience errors while building your Intel SGX enabled application and enclaves cannot be created.

If it is confirmed that you didn't install Microsoft Visual Studio, you need to uninstall the Intel SGX SDK, then reinstall it. (Don't forget to install Microsoft Visual Studio beforehand).

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
vivian0920
Beginner

Hello
Yes, I have installed Vs 2017 before installing the SGX SDK, and can directly create enclave projects, and also have intel sgx debugger

vivian0920_0-1685593304882.png

vivian0920_1-1685593325114.png

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

after some clarification, please note that the reference that you referred to was last updated in 2017.

The .exe installer is no longer delivered/supported which aligned to the deprecation announcement via https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions-SDK-for-Windows-OS-Executable/td-p/1420876

Please help to remove/uninstall any available Intel SGX SDK installed on the system and download the latest Nuget package available.

Here are the steps to build or execute the samples:

1. Make sure you have the Intel® Software Guard Extensions Windows SDK package installed.

2. Enclave test key(two options):

a. The project will generate a test key<Enclave_private.pem> automatically when you build the project.

b. Rename your test key(3072-bit RSA private key) to <Enclave_private.pem> and put it under the <Enclave> folder.

3. Open the Visual Studio solution file "SampleEnclave.sln". 

4. Build and execute it directly.

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos