Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.
1474 Discussions

#error "kernel version is not be supported. We need either mmput_async or kallsyms_loopup_name expor

Arun_M
Beginner

I'm trying to install DCAP driver with v1.41 , My linux configured with Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS with kernal version 6.2.

As of Intel Community reference, Linux kernel versions v5.11 and newer have the SGX driver that supports DCAP built in, so you do not have to (and should not try to) manually install the DCAP driver.

But In my case, i need that specific version. So, i downgraded kernal version to 5.10.0-051000-generic. I am currently facing an issue after downgrading the kernel version from 6.2 to 5.10.0-051000-generic, while executing the DCAP driver bin file,   ./sgx_linux_x64_driver_1.41.bin

The error message I'm encountering is as follows:

> #error "Kernel version is not supported. We need either mmput_async or kallsyms_lookup_name exported from kernel"

current kernal version : 5.10.0-051000-generic

This error seems to suggest that the kernel version I downgraded to, is not compatible to install the DCAP driver v1.41 , and it requires either mmput_async or kallsyms_lookup_name to be exported from the kernel.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Arun_M,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Let me check with the relevant team and I'll update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Arun_M,

Thanks for your patience.

We noticed that you opened a similar question via Web Portal with case number 06064795. We would like to inform you that we'll close this case and continue to support you via the web portal.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos