Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

how to get trusted time in SGX now?

Rainbowcat
Beginner

I’m new to SGX and trusted time. I read that Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Platform Services was removed from all Linux-based platforms, including client platforms, starting from Intel SGX SDK for Linux 2.9.

So, how can I get trusted time in SGX now? Is there any alternative solution or workaround? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

could you share the resources that you were referring to which depicts Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Platform Services were removed from all Linux-based platforms, including client platforms, starting from Intel SGX SDK for Linux 2.9, for clarification purposes?

This is the official Intel SGX site that shows it supports & uses Linux: Intel Software Guard Extensions

and this is the official Intel SGX Linux GitHub page: linux-sgx

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Rainbowcat
Beginner

According to this article (https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000057968/software/intel-security-products.html), support for Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) Platform Services was removed from all Linux-based platforms, including client platforms, beginning with Intel SGX SDK for Linux 2.9.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

May I know if there is any specific reason that made it inconvenient for you to use Windows instead of Linux?

One of the workaround is, you can still get the Intel SGX API for monotonic counters as it's still part of the Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) SDK for Windows and is supported on Windows® 10 platforms through the Intel SGX Platform Software for Windows.

Another workaround is to use TPM2_GetTime and TPM2_ReadClock primitives. You may refer to this official article.

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos