Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

sendmail inside enclave

JarodEnclave
Beginner

Hi, guys.

I am working on a user identity protection app, and one of the requirement is to send authenticate code to his/her email, so they can verify their ownership of it. I plan to do this sendmail action inside enclave.

But I failed to find a clue about how to do it?

Can some one give me some directions to look into? or Am I using enclave the wrong way?

Thanks

JE

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anandakumar
New Contributor II

Hello JE!

Networking related functions are not part of trusted code. So you can't make network connections or sending mail from enclave. 

You have to pass the generated data to the untrusted part of your application and you can trigger sendmail from there.By doing that what ever code generated is now visible to the untrusted part.

Thanks

Anand.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anandakumar
New Contributor II

Hello JE!

Networking related functions are not part of trusted code. So you can't make network connections or sending mail from enclave. 

You have to pass the generated data to the untrusted part of your application and you can trigger sendmail from there.By doing that what ever code generated is now visible to the untrusted part.

Thanks

Anand.

JesusG_Intel

This thread has been marked as answered and Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you want a response from Intel in a follow-up question, please open a new thread.

0 Kudos