Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

tcrypto Curve Parameters

AArya2
New Contributor I

Which standard Elliptic Curve does sgx_tcrypto use?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Prabu_R_Intel
Employee

"Sgx_tcrypto" uses "secp256r1" parameter of elliptic curve cryptography

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Surenthar_S_Intel

Hi,

Elliptic Curve Cryptography based on GF(p), 256 bit.
Elliptic curve cryptosystems (ECCs) implement a different way of creating public keys. Because elliptic curve calculation is based on the addition of the rational points in the (x,y) plane and it is difficult to solve a discrete logarithm from these points, a higher level of security is achieved through the cryptographic schemes that use the elliptic curves. The cryptographic systems that encrypt messages by using the properties of elliptic curves are hard to attack due to the extreme complexity of deciphering the private key.

Use of elliptic curves allows for shorter public key length and encourage cryptographers to create cryptosystems with the same or higher encryption strength as the RSA or DSA cryptosystems. Because of the relatively short key length, ECCs do encryption and decryption faster on the hardware that requires less computation processing volumes. For example, with a key length of 150-350 bits, ECCs provide the same encryption strength as the cryptosystems who have to use 600 -1400 bits.

ECCP stands for Elliptic Curve Cryptography Prime and these functions include operations over a prime finite field GF(p).

-Surenthar

0 Kudos
AArya2
New Contributor I

I know what elliptic curves are, I asked about the parameters.

There are two standard parameter sets for 256-bit curves over prime fields: secp256k1 and secp256r1.

Which one is it?

0 Kudos
Prabu_R_Intel
Employee

"Sgx_tcrypto" uses "secp256r1" parameter of elliptic curve cryptography

0 Kudos
Milad
Beginner

Hi Prabu,

Is there any way to change this parameter to "secp256k1"? I saw the SDK but it seems there is no way to change it, right?

Regards.

0 Kudos