Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How can I watch the values of variables? (Fortran)

YUNSUK_H_
Beginner

Hello

I recently installed Visual Studio 2012 and Intel Fortran Compiler (in Intel Parallel Studio XE2013) on Windows 7.

The thing is...I cannot watch the values of variables in debugging mode at all. By placing the cursor or with the Locals/Watch windows, I should be able to watch the values, right?

People says it might be because the basic settings are changed,,but nobody knows where to change it.

Can anybody help me please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht
Dear Yunsuk, this looks to me as though for soem reason the symbol info in the pdb file is not complete. I assume your build is indeed a debug build or you at least specify /Zi during your build? Can you provide the console output of your build with compiler options and link options? Altenatively you can perhaps provide them form your project settings? Thanks, Rob
0 Kudos
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht
Dear Yunsuk, this looks to me as though for soem reason the symbol info in the pdb file is not complete. I assume your build is indeed a debug build or you at least specify /Zi during your build? Can you provide the console output of your build with compiler options and link options? Altenatively you can perhaps provide them form your project settings? Thanks, Rob
0 Kudos