Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

display pointers in user-defined types to user-defined types in fortran

Haysam_Telib
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using IDB  Version 13.0, Build [79.280.23] on linux to debug my fortran programs.

I often run into the floowing problem:

Imagine having defined two user-defined types my_type1 and my_type2 with one of the components of my_type2 being a pointer to type(my_type1) (see the attached source file).

When I add a variable of type(my_type2) to the evaluation window of IDB, I cannot expand it in order to see its components since IDB crashes.Is there a way of displaying the components of my_type2?

Anyhow when pointing from a user-define type to an intrincisc type the eveluation works well (even if intrinsic type is a component of a user-defined type)

Thanks, Haysam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous57
Beginner
Hi Haysam, Thank you for reporting this issue. I will investigate the crash and update you shortly. Regards, Bernth
0 Kudos
Anonymous57
Beginner
Hi Haysam, The crash is a debugger defect. I have generated an erratum report for this and provided a sample to engineering. Regards, Bernth
0 Kudos
Haysam_Telib
Beginner
Ok, thank you for the information. Anyhow in my experience, if variables are declared as allocatable IDB works well. It crashes only if they are declared statically. Best regards, Haysam
0 Kudos
Anonymous57
Beginner

Hi Haysam,

Would it be possible to use gdb to debug your application as the IDB defect I generated earlier will not be fixed in the near future?

Best Regards,

Bernth

0 Kudos