Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

idb corrupted configuration files

ereisch
New Contributor II

This issue is starting to get irritating. When I run multiple idb sessions (Version 12.0) on the same system, I periodically get error messages when I try to open source files:

"File not found: /home/emr/.idb_12.0_linux_intel64_app/workspace/External Files/%home%emr%development%enc_png.c"

This problem will persist until I recursively remove the entire .idb_12.0_linux_intel64_app configuration folder and start the debugger up again, naturally losing my window layout preferences. The problem seems to be related to having multiple debugger windows open at the same time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
I'll investigate and come back to you with an answer as soon as possible.
Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
ereisch
New Contributor II
I wish I could provide a set of steps to reproduce, but so far have not been able to track down a specific trigger. I'll keep trying to consistently reproduce it.
0 Kudos
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht

Hello,

the issue most likely is that both debugger instances try to modify a particular entry in the session configuration memory, which is stored in the user directory in~/.idb in a conflicting way.

I will gladly file a defect if we can identify which exact action causes this.

As a workaround, could you try to use different useraccountsfor the two IDB debuggers? Thisforces the use of 2 different .idb folders andthusthe risk of the type of cross-corruption you seem to encounter.

Thanks, Rob

0 Kudos
Rob_Mueller-Albrecht
Hello,

I was able to confirm that we do have some open issues that could be related to the debugger concurrency issue you are seeing. If you would like me to I can increase the priority on them. However it would still be good to have aclear reproducer.

Did the workaround I suggestedwork for you?

Thanks, Rob
0 Kudos
ereisch
New Contributor II
We aren't able to run with multiple user accounts, unfortunately. Multiple users are experiencing the same issue though, with irregular frequency. I'm still working on steps to reproduce the behavior, or at best, a difference between the .idb settings folders for a "corrupt" and "last known good" configuration.

Thanks
0 Kudos