Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

third party integration with Intel JTag debugger

Man_Kit_C_
Beginner

Hi All

I have a debug software that want to integrate with Intel JTag debugger. Can I send command to it and control it to do these actions:

a) add/delete breakpoint base on physical address / virtual address
b) set/get value from memory base on physical address / virtual address
c) pause/continue <— I can send a pause command to JTag debugger so that i can pause the atom dev board
d) get/set all registers
e) single step the atom

Thanks Peter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JongIl_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Peter,

Yes, you can.

If you open the help file (run Intel System Debugger -> Help -> Help Contents), you can find the 'Command Reference' which have many commands you can input in the command line of Intel System Debugger. (Also you can make it batch file.)

e.g.)

a) add/delete breakpoint base on physical address / virtual address -> SET BREAK POINT (You need to convert phys ->virtual by the address translation dialog in Intel System Debugger.)

b) set/get value from memory base on physical address / virtual address -> SHOW MEMORY / SET VALUE

c) pause/continue <— I can send a pause command to JTag debugger so that i can pause the atom dev board -> RUN/STOP

d) get/set all registers -> SET REGISTER / SHOW REGISTER

e) single step the atom -> STEP

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Peter,

Which 3rd Party debugger are you trying to work with? Because Intel does provide its own JTAG software (Intel System Debugger) which supports various Intel architectures using which you can achieve all the above requirements.

Intel System Debugger :- https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/40/c9/Intel-System-Debugger-for-WRS-Product-Brief-4.pdf

All the steps that Jeff mentioned above applies to the Intel System Debugger. Please do let us know if you need any other info.

Regards,
Sukruth H V

0 Kudos
Man_Kit_C_
Beginner

Hi All, I have written my own debugger and want to integrate it with intel tag debugger. So I need to send control commands to tag device. I need that done by programming, not by hang. Is there any way to send the commands mentions by jeff to intel tag device? By a socket or by API? thanks

0 Kudos
JongIl_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Peter,

I am afraid that there is no way for it at the moment. But we can add this feature in future with strong market needs and justifications.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos