Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_W_2
Beginner

Cannot connect to D2000 device

Hello. I'm trying to walk through the getting started example. One step says to update the target ROM. When I try and do this, I get an error about the device not being found. I see similar errors if I try and run the code on the target (it builds fine).

Am I missing some package I need? I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS in a virtual machine and am connecting via the USB JTAG, which is being detected and connected to /dev/ttyUSB0.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev-g7845893 (2015-11-26-17:02)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
trst_only separate trst_push_pull
flash_rom
Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS
Error: no device found
Error: unable to open ftdi device with vid 0403, pid 6014, description '*' and serial '*'
Runtime Error: scripts/board/quark_d2000_onboard.cfg:139: 
in procedure 'flash_rom' 
in procedure 'init' called at file "scripts/board/quark_d2000_onboard.cfg", line 139
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Richard_A_Intel
Employee

Bob,

That error can have several causes but in short it means the tools are not detecting your board.  This can be caused by a missing driver, board not connected, or a crashed OpenOCD session.  I would recommend checking the release notes, found on the page you downloaded the package from and following the driver install instructions for the setup you are using.

Thank you,
Richard

matthew_h_5
Beginner

I have this problem too. Have you resolved it?

matthew_h_5
Beginner

It appears this comes from not having a rule in the MinGW set up. I was hoping that this new version of ISSM would offer a completely set up development environment with a single installation. Is this possible?

matthew_h_5
Beginner

I resolved this problem using Zadig and changing the driver for the D2000 board to LIBUSBK.

Richard_A_Intel
Employee

Bob,

Any luck with the driver install?  As Matthew mentioned you can overwrite the driver using Zadig if the driver install utility included with the tools isn't working for you.  This error should not be affected by MingGW but if you want to run applications using Zephyr then you need to complete the Zephyr setup instructions prior to running Intel(R) System Studio for Microcontrollers.  The Zephyr instructions for windows can be found here and include MingGW: https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/getting_started/installation_win.html

Thank you,

Richard