Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Cannot start Windbg Extension, Windows SDK issue.

Hello,

I am having issues running the Windbg Extension for Intel System Studio debugger 2020. I get the message: "Installed MS SDK 18362 is currently not supported. Please install SDK <= 17134".

The problem is I DO have some Win10 SDKs less than 17134 version. 

Things I tried that don't work:

1. Uninstall all SDKs > 17134.

2. Uninstalll 17134 SDK and reinstall it.

My guess is that even after uninstalling versions greater than 17134, there are registry key artifacts left behind that are triggering the tool to think it is installed. This shouldn't be an issue though anyway because based on the documentation, as long as I have ANY SDK less than or equal to 17134 it should work. I'm thinking of combing through registry and looking for artifacts, but the SDK install is very noisy. Maybe Ill run ProcMon and see what keys are being opened.

Any ideas? Also, can we get a reason and/or ETA for the new SDKs working? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Okay it looks like even though I uninstalled the newer SDKs, the Windbg version 18362 persists. In ProcMon, I found that the extension is checking the version by literally creating the kd.exe process with the "-version" argument. I guess it then parses that output to determine. Now I just need to find a way to remove this newer windbg version and use an older one....or I might just use a different computer so I don't have to rewind my main one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This resource would help you a bit:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/isd-windbg-extension

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Actually no, it does not address my specific question. 

0 Kudos