cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Cannot use socwatch after installation to measure power usage

Jump to solution

I've following the instructions and made sure all the kernel flags were enabled when the kernel was built. Also made sure to install the drivers per the instructions.

When I run socwatch with the following command:

sudo socwatch -t 60 -f cpu

I get these warnings:

WARNING: could not retrieve some architecture details -- your platform may not support collections 
ERROR: CANNOT collect hw-cpu-pstate metric since zero frequency value was read from system. lfm = 0.00, hfm = 0.00, bus freq = 0.00
ERROR: Cannot collect feature: hw-cpu-cstate
Warning: feature name "hw-cpu-hwp" cannot be collected
ERROR: Unable to collect any metrics!

I have Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz with Ubuntu 16.04 on Kernel version 4.4.0

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

hi Arpit,

We have no problem to run -f hw-cpu-cstate. Can you help use ./socwatch  --version to confirm the latest version has been used? Meanwhile, our colleague can replicate this without loading socwatch2_x.ko . can you try "lsmod | grep -i socwatch" to check whether kernel module has been properly loaded or not and let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee

hi Arpit,

We have no problem to run -f hw-cpu-cstate. Can you help use ./socwatch  --version to confirm the latest version has been used? Meanwhile, our colleague can replicate this without loading socwatch2_x.ko . can you try "lsmod | grep -i socwatch" to check whether kernel module has been properly loaded or not and let us know.

Thanks,
Joel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos