Intel® System Studio
Ask questions and share information with other users of the Intel® System Studio.
Announcements
Intel® System Studio components are now transitioned to several Intel® oneAPI toolkits and can be found under Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel oneAPI IoT Toolkit. Use the respective forums for questions related to these components. Getting Started questions can be asked in the Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation forum. If you have Priority Support you can submit your question in the Online Service Center.
346 Discussions

Compiling a file outside the ISSM project's directory

KPers
Beginner

Hello,

I want to compile a .c file with my ISSM project while not having to copy this file into the project's directory.  I have tried linking a file to the external file with ISSM but it is not considered for compilation (New->File->Link to file).  Do I have to manually add this file to the Makefile or is there an easier option available in the IDE?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Richard_A_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your question.  We currently only support linking new files to your project by editing the Makefile.  I posted an example of how to do so for a library file here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/107615.  If this is a feature you think we should add, then please share why and I can pass that to the development team.

Thank you,

Richard