Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mo_bri
New Contributor I

D2000 cant setup ROM from windows 10 eclipse

Problem 5 - cant update/flash the ROM from Windows 10 eclipse

Trying to update the D2000 ROM following the instructions - this rom

C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.0.027\firmware\bsp\1.0\soc\quark_d2000\rom\quark_d2000_rom.bin

I can see the device in the Windows device manager at COM port 26. No info appears (as there is no driver loaded)

When I try to fly the ROM I get this error 

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev-g7845893 (2015-11-26-18:12)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
 http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
trst_only separate trst_push_pull
flash_rom
Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
Error: no device found
Error: unable to open ftdi device with vid 0403, pid 6014, description '*' and serial '*'
Runtime Error: scripts/board/quark_d2000_onboard.cfg:139:
in procedure 'flash_rom'
in procedure 'init' called at file "scripts/board/quark_d2000_onboard.cfg", line 139

0 Kudos
2 Replies
guillermo_a_1
Beginner

Hey! Have you solved this problem? I have updated the Intel Studio to "update 1", and this problem now appears and I couldn't solve it.

Thanks! 

Richard_A_Intel
Employee

Marcus and Guillermo,

This error means the system is unable to detect you board.  This usually caused by a missing driver, see here for detailed driver install instructions: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-system-studio-microcontrollers-support/faq under the section "Troubleshooting/Debugging" find the question "How do I install the driver for my board?".  It is also possible that there is an issue with the connection so confirm the USB cable is plugged in all the way.  Lastly that board's ROM may be corrupted, possibly from a flash that was interrupted before completion.  In that case, see the question "I think I bricked my board, it won't flash. What do I do?" on FAQ page I linked to earlier.   

Thank you,

Richard