Intel® System Studio
Share information with other developers using Intel® System Studio.

Debugging U-boot based bootloader for Intel Atom E3800

GAURAV3
Novice

Hello,

Is it possible to debug the Uboot bootloader over Intel Atom Processor E3815 using ISS/Debugger?.

If not, then is it possible to debug Uboot bootloader by executing it as a payload for the COREBOOT bootloader?

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @GAURAV3:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following question to better understand the reported situation:

Could you please let us know if the design related to this situation has been developed by you or by a third-party company?

Could you please give us the information of the affected system (such as the manufacturer, part number, model, and where we can find its information)?

Could you please list the sources used to develop the affected system?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
GAURAV3
Novice

Hello,

Could you please let us know if the design related to this situation has been developed by you or by a third-party company?

Hardware is our's custom design..... U-Boot is open source bootloader which we are using as bootloader ....

Could you please give us the information of the affected system (such as the manufacturer, part number, model, and where we can find its information)?

Processor: E3815, Software Development Tool -- Intel System Studio Ultimate along with XDP probe for debugging

Could you please list the sources used to develop the affected system?

Could not get what exactly is expected?...

if  u mean by hardware design than we have referenced Minnowboard ... Anyway i dont have issue with hardware .... Hardware is able to connect with ISS IDE using IDP probe....

What i am looking for the option available for debugging the U-Boot based Bootloader with configures the Processor and bring the Baremetal application to RAM for execuation....

I hope i have answered your query....

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @GAURAV3:

Thanks for your clarification.

Your questions related to the designs based on the cited-third party manufacturer should be addressed as a reference in the channel stated on the following website:

https://github.com/MinnowBoard-org/bugs-and-help

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
GAURAV3
Novice

Dear Carlos,

I am not looking for the issue of hardware / software design......

What i am looking for is the information about the capability of  Intel System Studio/Debugger to access/debug the prccessor (E3815), executing a program, when booted using U-Boot not the coreboot/UEFI bootloader ?

I hope .. I have given the clarity of the question?

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @GAURAV3:

Thanks for your reply.

This thread will be transferred to the channel support related to the Intel Software that you have mentioned.

The team in charge will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL 

0 Kudos
Juhi_B_Intel

@GAURAV3 

Intel system debugger deoesnt care much about what is being debugged so I think it wouldnt be an issue if you try U-BOOT - Have you tried it already and are seeing an issue? if so please open an Online service center ticket for that - also my recommendation would be to start using Intel system debugger NDA present in Intel system bringup toolkit(if you have NDA with Intel) to remain up to date with the tool. 

The issue you could face might come when loading the symbols if you dont have the right files for that.

0 Kudos